Teething in babies
When do baby’s teeth erupt?
Numerous studies have led to the compilation of an indicative table with the help of which you can find out when each of the following teeth is expected to germinate below. The order in which baby teeth erupt is strictly individual for each baby. Most often, however, the following order of teething is observed in infants:
- Lower central incisors – 6-10 months
- Upper central incisors – 8-12 months
- Upper lateral incisors – 9-13 months
- Lower lateral incisors – 10-16 months
- Upper first molars – 13-19 months
- Lower first molars – 14-18 months
- Upper canine teeth – 16-22 months
- Lower canine teeth – 17-23 months
- Lower second molars – 23-31 months
- Upper second molars – 25-33 months
Check out the infographic below for clarity
From here it becomes clear that by about 2 years of age each child should have 16 teeth. If this has not happened by this age or you have any concerns, consult your pediatrician or consult a specialist dentist. They will examine the child and tell you exactly whether there is a problem or not.
There is usually no reason to worry. Some children do not have a single tooth until the first year, but then all of them appear in a few months. While in others the sprouting starts from the third month and by the age of one everyone is out.
Symptoms and signs of teething
- Excessive salivation
- Desire to gnaw on everything
- Red cheeks
- Troubled sleep
Attention! The appearance of a new tooth reduces the child’s immunity. Although it is possible to get a runny nose, cough, upset or fever from the teeth, we advise you if you have any of these symptoms to visit a pediatrician for an examination. Because it can be an infectious disease that needs to be treated!
How to relieve the pain of teething?
There are different methods for relieving pain, but each child is different. Here are some of them:
- Rubber teethers
- Chilled gnawing toys
- Leek / grandmother’s recipe /
- Bread crusts / grandmother’s recipe /
- Teething tablets / homeopathic or not /
- Teething gel / homeopathic or not /
The first tooth comes out the most difficult and painful. The following ones show up easier 🙂
Talk to friends and relatives who have gone through this stage of development or ask your pediatrician.
Сподели какво мислиш по темата и как се чувстваш по-долу.