Baby at 2 months
Your baby is no longer a newborn. A new stage in his life begins, which is characterized by a rapid pace of development. It will continue in the same spirit until the first year. As a mother, you will notice interesting and exciting changes in your child every day.
Medical examinations of a 2-month-old baby
Entering the second month is an occasion to visit the pediatrician again. One of the many future preventive examinations is forthcoming.
A pediatrician will thoroughly examine the child, measure the weight, height and circumference of the head and chest. You will soon have to visit an orthopedist.
At this stage of the child’s development, it is important not to miss any important changes.
If the child was born in the winter, the doctor may prescribe vitamin D. It is key to preventing rickets. When prescribing it, the pediatrician will take into account how the baby is fed and how much milk / artificial milk he takes daily.
Norms for height and weight in a 2-month-old baby
According to the norms, at the end of the second month your child will gain 600-800 grams. It will have grown by about 3 cm.
Your child is already beginning to fixate on the face of the person communicating with him. All you have to do is bend over the child and start talking to him.
An interesting fact is that until the age of 6 months, some children not only try to look the person in front of them, but also try to look him in the eye. At that time, they will start to get excited about the people moving around.
Until then, we recommend putting a carousel with bright toys over the crib. Once the child learns to fixate on an object, the number of toys can be increased. In this way you stimulate him to develop his ability to move his gaze from one object to another.
A 2-month-old baby begins to react when he hears his mother’s voice or music. She may still have difficulty finding the ringing object, but she is actively turning her head in the process of searching for it.
You may notice that when he cries, the baby stops as long as he hears the flattering voice of mom or dad.
In the second month, the child begins to actively smile. For now, he still can’t tell people apart, so he smiles at them, even if he doesn’t know them.
Practice shows that children at this stage of their development are most often interested not in brightly colored toys, but in the people around them. Therefore, he likes the attention of adults to him and is also crucial for his development.
Notice how the child reacts emotionally to your intonations. When you speak to him smoothly and kindly, his movements become calm. The excited tone provokes sharper movements and excitement in the child.
Your child will not sleep so constantly anymore. After eating it is possible to stay awake for at least an hour and even an hour and a half. During this time he will be in a good mood and you will be able to communicate with him.
You will notice that the child is already beginning to form a regime. It usually consists of a ped period of daytime sleep: two long periods – 1-3 hours, and 3 short – 10-30 minutes.
At night, some babies, fortunately for their parents, sleep for 8-10 hours without interruption. If they wake up, it is because they want to eat, but then they indulge in sweet dreams again.
Don’t be surprised if your baby stays awake longer than suggested above. It allows variations.
Keep in mind that in the first months of a child’s life, the bones of his skull are still very soft. Remember, when you put the child to sleep, take turns lying on the left side and on the right.
By the sixth week after birth, some breastfeeding mothers experience the so-called lactation crisis. It is characterized by a temporary decrease in the amount of breast milk. Don’t worry, this period will pass within a week.
In the second month, babies begin to lift not only their head when lying on their stomachs, but also their breasts. They are able to hold this position for some time.
If you try to put a toy in the child’s hand, it is possible that he will try to catch it and will hold it in his fist for a short time.
During this month you will notice that the child becomes more active, regularly stretching arms and legs.
At the end of the month:
The age of 2 months is associated with pleasant and exciting achievements and skills of the young child:
– As his hearing and vision improve, he can now look at objects at a distance of 30 cm to 50 cm.
– You will notice that lying in his crib, he is able to look at the carousel for about 15 minutes.
– At the age of two months, children already raise their head and keep it upright for a while.
– It is possible that your child has even learned to turn from a sideways position on his back.
– The child is able to trace an object, carefully monitors passing objects and turns his head to sound sources.
– Improves coordination of movements. Your baby is already spreading his limbs to the side, examining his fingers.
– It is possible to observe the first attempts to reach an object.
– Vision improves and the child already distinguishes colors.
– The child actively studies his hands and puts them to his mouth to suck them. This has a calming effect on him.
– For now, baby reflexes are still present, but you may notice their rarer manifestation.
– In the second month the emotional world of the child develops. The so-called “Revival complex”. It is an important indicator of the normal functioning of the nervous system.
– At the end of the second month the child already recognizes the faces of his parents and gives them his joy. You notice this as you approach it, and it quickly begins to move arms and legs.
– During this month, parents, most often the mother, receive the first conscious smile from their child.
– At the end of the second month, some children can coo. They make loud sounds that often sound like “agu”, “ga”, “abu”. You will notice that your child enjoys “speaking” and enjoys his speech.
Сподели какво мислиш по темата и как се чувстваш по-долу.